Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Re: Out of the Frying Pan..............

KidEternity
(1/1/01 6:54 pm)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"As for your questions, they are pointless." Neron began. Hhe waved a hand dismissively, and Cap couldn't shake off the impression of demonic claws.

"They are pointless," Neron continued, "because I have what I need. Although it's true, I do so love to bargain... as you well know... there's nothing you can offer me that would surpass the prize I have in Kit Freeman."

Captain Marvel arched his eyebrows in curiosity. "Nothing?"

"Not even your own immortal soul." Neron chuckled, gleefully.

"Then at least tell me why you want Kit Freeman. I know he has the power to access Hypertime, but I would think a being of your power would be able to on his own."

"You flatter me, Captain," smiled Neron,"but it's not the boy's potential to access Hypertime that I need. It is his ability to destroy it."

Captain Marvel grimaced. Neron might be a liar most of the time, but this didn't sound like one of those times.

"So what does the destruction of Hypertime gain for you?" asked Cap. "I thought you were in the corruption business... not the destruction business."

Neron laughed once more. "They are one and the same, Captain, one and the same. For you see, when bad things happen, ordinary people question their Maker. How much more will they question him when their very lives unravel from each end, and Chaos rules the Universe?"

(To be continued...?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home