Thursday, August 25, 2005

By Odin's Beard

Val Armor
(1/18/01 12:13 am)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain Marvel raised his eyebrows in astonishment. "Holy Moley! THE Thor?"

The red-bearded warrior grinned as he crossed his massive arms across his burly chest. "You've heard of me?"

Captain Marvel nodded and in a friendly voice said, "Of course. You're a legend. Your battles with the Frost Giants of Jotunheim are still told to this day."

Thor seemed to take this very well.

Cap was thinking fast. He had fought another Thor before, and he had lost thanks to a bad bit of luck. He was fairly certain he could beat any version of Thor in a fair fight, but he would really like to avoid combat if necessary. Violence was only to be used if all attempts at peace fail.

He had to play this right. If he could talk Thor out of a battle, it would save on time, reduce the risk of injury to either of them and be a moral victory for himself. Besides, it was the right thing to do.

"Thor, please believe me when I say this. I'm doing this for Freeman's own good. His soul was fragmented across time and space by a being known as Mordu. Maybe you've heard of him? In any event, I'm re-collecting his essence in this chalice, and hope to recombine him into one, whole being. My Wizard and an Angel of God himself have charged me with this."

The Captain extended his free hand out, open, asking for a friendly hand to shake.

"If you know anything about me, you know that whatever I do, I do in the name of what's right and just. I wouldn't do this if it wasn't the right thing. Please believe me and let me do what I have to do. I'd like us to part as fellows."

And the Captain left his hand extended, waiting to see what Thor would do next, keeping his eyes locked with the Thunder Gods.

"Please," he thought to himself "let this end peacefully."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home